RV-9A: Flaps - 12/30/2007
Home Previous Entry Next Entry Back
|Starting backriveting the bottom skin on the right flap
Apparently you need more than 3 days to let Proseal set up when it's cold outside. When I took all of the clecos out, the trailing edge starting to warp a little, but it didn't come apart. I weighted it down with a 2x4 and some bricks and everything layed flat nicely while backriveted the rivets half-way down. Then I finished everything off on the flip side with the mushroom rivet set on the rivet gun.
The flaps were quite a wrestling match, but not near as difficult as the ailerons. I think the RV-7 flaps are probably a lot easier to build than the RV-9s.
|Here they are!
I had to pull out the other flap for quick picture. I'm quite proud of the way they turned out.
|Tried it out for fun
I temporarily hung one flap and one aileron on just to see how they will once attached. I was surprised how wide it makes the wing.
|Home Previous Entry Next Entry Back